Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Flight Attendant

You know when you're on an airplane and the flight attendants go through their routine information about seat belts and emergency exits? Most people don't pay much attention but there is a valuable life lesson hidden in all that safety info. In an emergency, the oxygen masks will drop from the ceiling and you are instructed to secure your own mask before helping others with theirs. I think that advise can be extended to everyday life! If I don't take care of myself first, how can I be of good use to anyone else? For example, if I don't stop in the middle of my 10 hour work day to leave the salon for a bit and eat lunch, you're going to have a crabby manicurist with a bad attitude by hour 5. (Do your cuticles hurt just thinking about that? haha) If I don't attend to my own emotional needs by spending some time alone thinking, praying, journaling, etc. then how can I be of any support to a friend who wants to talk about her problems? Remember the flight attendant's oxygen mask advise the next time you feel overwhelmed. Make some time to take care of yourself!

Comments

"Remember the flight attendant's oxygen mask advise the next time you feel overwhelmed."

Thanks for the inspiration, Cari! I'll be thinking of this on a daily basis!

Popular posts from this blog

A Day With IZZY STRADLIN

How To Juice Wheatgrass Using A NutriBullet

Goodbye Hard Rock Hotel