Small Miracles

Over a month ago, I received 2 free nights at Hooters Hotel through a 944 Magazine email promotion, all I had to do was sign up for the players club. The nights they offered were not the best choices for my schedule but I decided to take advantage of it anyway and booked them for Monday 5/26 & Tues 5/27. I would still have to go to work those days but I pictured myself ordering room service for breakfast, going to work and coming back to chicken wings, beer and penny slots. Woohoo!

On the Sunday afternoon before my Hooters mini vacation, I noticed a puddle on my balcony and went to investigate. My water heater had created a waterfall that was running off the edge of my balcony! I stared in disbelief. (It was very lovely, actually). So, I shut off the water and a plumber came out the next morning to assess the repair work. Not only were they charging me a hefty amount of money, they couldn't complete the work until Wednesday morning. 48 hours with no hot water heater! (Don't even get me started on the plumbing company thing, I was totally ripped off.)

I was really in the dumps as I packed my bags for Hooters, but then suddenly reality hit me! GOD knew that my water heater was going to break when it did so He provided me with this free hotel room to take a hot shower in for the exact same 2 days that I was without a water heater in my home! I couldn't have planned such a thing if I tried! I went from bummed to grateful in a split second. I simply can't deny the obvious hand of God in this whole situation. A big miracle in my little world.


Because of the pending plumbing expense, I didn't order much room service but I did enjoy talking on the phone and drinking a beer while soaking in a most fabulous bubble bath one night. The next night I turned $20 into $90 while playing a Megabucks penny slot machine. I tried really hard to make the best of it all and had a fun little time all by myself.


Just as the Lord took care of keeping me clean and comfortable during this inconvenience, I know He will also take care of the bill. I don't know where the money's gonna come from but I believe if He took care of that, He'll take care of this too. Amen!



Comments

Robin said…
Hey Cari,

How is it going. Yes small miracles do happen..... You just have to believe .......

Take Care,

Robin

Popular posts from this blog

A Day With IZZY STRADLIN

How To Juice Wheatgrass Using A NutriBullet

Goodbye Hard Rock Hotel